To promote and uphold the health status of the citizenry through the development of health and its allied concerns.
- To organize the training of local professionals in health, law, and demography, on programs relevant to health promotion and oversee the implementation of such programs.
- To facilitate the establishment of post graduate programs in health and in relation to medico-legal and demographic issues.
- To initiate and conduct health system and allied, legal and demographic research relevant to the developmental needs of the society.
- To act as focal point and resource center for the production, exchange and promotion of health, medico-legal and the demographic learning and information materials.
- To provide advisory and consultancy services in matters of healthcare, medico-legal issues, and demography.
- To perform such other functions not inconsistent with the objects specified above as may be referred to the centre.
- To co-operate with other similar centres or institutions, Regional and International organizations in order to promote the objects specified in paragraphs 1, 2, 3, and 4.